Do this because
- Discover the charming covered passages that are often missed by visitors
- Stroll through the gorgeous gardens of the Palais Royal
- Window shop at unique boutiques
What to expect?
Escape the crowded streets to a more hidden side of the city. Your expert guide will show you the gems of these secret places as you discover exquisite covered walkways, once lit by some of the first electric or gas lighting in the city. Covered with glass roofs to avoid the rain, they were the perfect place for elegant shoppers. Each passage has its own style. Many of them have dissapeared due to the advent of the department stores. Today the remaining few of these tiny shopping arcades have been lovingly brought back to life, and are now home to artisan boutiques and restaurants.
You will also stroll through the beautiful Palais Royal. This place is full of history and anecdotes. The shopping arcades, literary salons, restaurants and galleries added at the end of the 18th century continue to attract chic and fashionable people.
- English-speaking licensed guide
- subway tickets to get there
What’s not included?
- Operated daily but on Sundays, the itinerary changes as some of the passages are closed
- You set the start time of your private tour