2 hour Private Tour
Do this because
- Visit the most extravagant representation of Second Empire architecture
- Walk in the footsteps of Europe’s fashionable high society of the late 19th century
What to expect?
Just like the audiences of the past, you’ll enter via the Members’ entrance. Your guide will explain the building’s history with all the twists and turns that have led to the construction of this architectural masterpiece.
You will then pass in front of the fascinating statue of Pythia before reaching the Grand Staircase, where the members of the high society showcased themselves in their finery before taking their seat in the auditorium. Your guide will draw your attention to the materials used in this stunning décor: marble, onyx, copper, mosaic, gold leaf…
Your tour will then continue in the Grand Foyer. This majestic location is lined with mirrors and large bay windows overlooking the Haussmann-style architecture of the Avenue de l’Opéra.
With a profusion of sculptures and paintings, the Palais Garnier operates both as a museum and a theater.
- English-speaking guide only for your group/family
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Headsets provided by the Opera House (ID card or passport required)
What’s not included?
Your guide will meet you directly at your accomodation. From there, you will take the subway together.
Otherwise, if it is more convenient for you. Just show up in front of the Opera Garnier. Your guide will be holding a board with your name.
- Operated daily, in the morning only, from 10.15am